Raise your hand if you’re one of those mamas who just doesn’t love being pregnant. Don’t feel bad, it’s totally normal. There is something (probably social media) that makes it seem as though if you’re pregnant you should be glowing and happily flaunting your growing belly, cherishing every single moment.
Some mamas have blissful pregnancies, and that’s great for them, but I also want to acknowledge that pregnancy isn’t always so lovely for everybody.
If you’re feeling not so great about your pregnancy at any point, it doesn’t mean that you’re going to be a bad mom.
- Even if you’re finally pregnant after years of trying, and you still don’t love being pregnant, that doesn’t make you a bad mom.
- Even if you loved being pregnant with your first two children and this time around you hate it, that doesn’t make you a bad mom.
- Even if you wake up everyday feeling frustrated about the changes happening to your body, that doesn’t make you a bad mom.
- Even if you’re feeling scared, unsure, or discouraged in your pregnancy, that doesn’t make you a bad mom.
- Even if you puke every morning then question your decision to get pregnant, that doesn’t make you a bad mom.
- Even if you wish you were able to skip the whole pregnancy and just get to the baby, that doesn’t make you a bad mom.
There can be beauty in pregnancy, but also, sometimes it’s just really hard. The morning sickness, the heartburn, the aches, the night sweats, the stretching, the unknown, it’s a lot. And it’s okay if those things feel really loud and you find it hard to embrace any joy in being pregnant. Let me say it loud and clear one more time: you can still be a good mom even if you don’t love being pregnant.
To help expectant moms get through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum feeling empowered and supported, we've created a gift registry for them to add support services rather than a bunch of baby gear. Get your registry started at BeHerVillage.com
BeHerVillage is helping parents like you get the funds they need for the support they deserve! Are you having a baby and are looking for support? Create a registry for support today and get gifted funds directly into your bank account to pay for your support team. You deserve this.
Are you a birthworker who supports new moms? Use BeHerVillage to help your clients pay for your support. Create your free profile here and you can be the best baby shower gift a mom will ever get!